About the PRINT
Miimi and Jiinda’s print Miinggi Jaanymili (meaning Heart Gathering) features a central symbol representing a meeting place where people come together connect. Surrounding this meeting place are circles representing neighbouring tribes, friends, and family who travel along their individual paths to meet in the middle, sharing stories, culture, food, and celebrations. This artwork celebrates the ancient art of connection through gathering, reflecting how moments spent together in nature have always united generations and cultures. We’re honoured to offer this significant artwork on our beloved picnic rug.
About the KARKAAD TRUST
$5 from every rug sold will be donated by Wandering Folk to The Karrkaad Trust who bring together Indigenous ranger groups, communities, and philanthropists to address some of our nation’s most pressing issues. These include regenerating our natural environment, taking action on climate change, creating meaningful and equal employment opportunities, and supporting the continuation of the world’s oldest living culture.
– Dimensions: 164cm x 147cm
– Weight: 1.9kg
– Hand illustrated print on front side
TOP/FRONT: 100% Recycled polyester/cotton.
BACK: Poly/cotton canvas with a waterproof treatment.
– Top features NEW renewable fabrication that is made from recycled plastic fibres that’s more durable, less likely to fade and water resistant.
– Signature brown base is water resistant
– Hand made tassels on corners
– Embroidered cotton label
– Miimi & Jiinda signature
– Brown ornate woven carry strap
– Stitch lines on back for easy rolling
– Plastic free shipping
– $5 from each sale of this rug donated to Karkaad Trust.
*Please note that although we try our very best to ensure all imagery portrays products true colours they can sometimes alter on screen or in certain lighting.
How to Roll Your Rug
Thank you for purchasing a Wandering Folk Picnic Rug , Cushion or Cooler.
Our beautiful picnic rugs and cushions are made of 100% cotton canvas and will live and wear with you over time.
Our picnic rugs have a UPF30+ coating applied to make the print last longer in the sun. Prior to 2018, the rugs without this new coating may naturally fade over time with lots of use in the sunlight.
To keep your rug looking its best, try to avoid spilling acidic or harmful chemicals on the surface. Lemon juice, alcohol, salt water or anything similar should be washed off immediately by spot cleaning with cold soapy water.
As a last resort for removing stains, you can *gentle machine wash your rug alone in cold water, but we recommend putting rubber bands around the tassel ends to prevent them from unraveling and fluffing up.
Prior to storing, always ensure your rug is fully dried out to prevent mould.
* Warning: Machine wash our darker colour rugs only ( Emerald / Wildflower / Spice ) as the dye on the leather tag will run. If you really need to machine wash our lighter coloured rugs ( Pastel / Crystal / Romance / Atlantis / Aztec Ink ) then we recommend removing the leather logo label with a seam ripper, which is easily done with a seam ripper and doesn’t damage the rug or cushion.